SWEDISH, INDIAN HEAD & HOT STONE MASSAGE
Swedish massage is the most well known massage there is. It forms the basis for all other types of massage. It works the soft tissues of the body, easing every day stress and tension and promotes relaxation.
You can choose to have a full body massage lasting 1 hour or a shorter back, neck and shoulder massage lasting 30 minutes.
There are many benefits of Swedish massage including:
- Improves blood & oxygen circulation
- Stimulates lymphatic system, aiding detoxification and improving the immune system
- Soothes or stimulates the nervous system
- Beneficial to the movement and function of the digestive system
- Relieves muscle tension and improve muscle function
- Improves skin texture, tone and appearance
- Helps to soften fatty tissue deposits
- Promote overall well-being and health by relieving stress.
Indian Head Massage
Indian head massage is a holistic treatment that encompasses the mind, body and spirit. It is based on the ancient Indian Ayurvedic medicine. It has been practised in India for over 5000 years. It has become a very popular treatment in the West. The aim is to restore balance and harmony to the mind, body and spirit in order to improve a person’s health.
It is a very relaxing treatment and can help relax, soothe or invigorate the client. The therapist will massage the upper back, shoulders, neck face, scalp using different massage techniques and pressure points. It helps release tension and stress, promotes calm, relaxation and wellbeing.
It is a seated massage which can be carried out with clothes on and without the use of oils. It is a short 30 minute treatment. However, if you wish the treatment can be carried out with oils and the upper garments removed with a sarong wrapped round the top half of your body.
Anyone can have an Indian Head Massage if they wish and do not have any conditions which may prevent this. It is particularly suitable for people who are suffering from the following conditions:
- Tension Headaches / Migraines
- Tinnitus and other ear problems
- Helps hair loss and thinning
- Muscle tension – neck, shoulder stiffness
- Eye strain
- Sinus congestion
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression
- Stimulation of the circulatory system, helping lymphatic drainage.
Indian Head massage for both physical and emotional health. As well as helping with the above conditions, it has the following benefits:
- Helps with concentration and mental fatigue
- Helps with irritability and promotes sleep by relaxing and calming the client
- Improves lymphatic flow
- Triggers the release of endorphins, creating a feeling of contentment and happiness
- Promotes total relaxation, giving a sense of calm and wellbeing.
Hot Stone Massage
Hot Stone Massage, also known as Thermotherapy, is a form of massage where the therapist massages with the heated stones. The stones are smooth volcanic basalt stones which hold the heat for a long time and release it slowly. They are coated in oil which is smoothed onto the body. The therapist will place the heated stones in key areas of the body as well as carry out a massage with the stones as an extension of her hands.
As well as being deeply relaxing, the heat from the stones help to warm up the muscles allowing the therapist to carry out a deeper massage.
The benefits of hot stone massage:
- Allows for a deeper massage
- Muscle relaxation
- Increases release of toxins
- Boost your circulation
- Eases stress and tensions
- Recharges energy levels
- Decreases pain and muscle spasm
- Increases flexibility in joints, aiding mobility and movement
- Helps to relieve pain and tension caused by strained and contracted muscles
Hot stone massage is beneficial for people with:
- Muscular pain
- Poor circulation
- Rheumatic and arthritic conditions
- Back pain
Hot stones also increase your sense of relaxation and calm.
Typical cost of treatments
|Swedish Massage||£40.00||60 mins|
|Swedish Massage||£30.00||45 mins|
|Swedish Massage||£25.00||30 mins|
|Swedish Massage||£25.00||30 mins|
|Hot Stone Massage||£50.00||75 mins|
|Hot Stone Massage||£35.00||30 mins (Neck, Back & Shoulders)|
|Indian Head Massage||£25.00||30 mins|