BSc (Hons), MSC, PGDIP
Brendar Dessaur is a BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist with over 7 years clinical experience, post-qualification. She currently works in a NHS Psychology Service using cognitive behavioural therapy to help adults with common mental health difficulties including depression and anxiety disorders. Brendar also runs a private practice based in Slough and Iver serving a population across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and neighbouring counties such as Surrey and Middlesex. She can offer Weekday evening, Friday daytime and Saturday morning appointments in a relaxed and comfortable setting where you can expect to have any of your questions about the process of therapy answered.
It is understandable that accessing therapy can be a daunting process, especially if you have never used therapy before. Brendar invites anyone with any concerns to contact her first so that you can have a confidential and open conversation that may help to alleviate any concerns that you have. An initial consultation via phone may also help you to determine if CBT is the right therapy for you at this time.
Qualifications and Training
- Ongoing Continuous Professional Development (CPD) by attendance of various workshops and courses (confirmation via attendance certificates)
- Beginning October 2016 – Gradute Certificate in Systemic Practice with Families and Couples (Institute of Family Therapy)
- 2009 – 2010 – Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Royal Holloway, University of London)
- 2008 – Certificate in Counselling (Thames Valley University)
- 2007 – Certificate in Basic Counselling Skills (OCN Oxford, Thames & Chiltern LTD)
- 2005 – 2006 – Master of Science in Psychological Research Methods (Birkbeck College, University of London)
- 2002 – 2005 – Bachelor of Science (Hons) Psychology – (Royal Holloway, University of London)
Monday to Thursday: 7 – 9pm
Friday: 10am – 6pm
Saturday: 9am – 12pm